Thursday, November 19, 2009

Please Pray for Hanna


Several of you may remember me requesting your prayers for one of my besties (Jayda) and her little girl, Hanna. Hanna was diagnosed with the Swine Flu awhile back and spent over a week in ICU at TC Thompson's. She was released to go home after her brain stopped swelling but she continued to have seizures. They put her on an anti-seizure medication and she was to continue following up with her neurologist over the next six months. Last week she began to run a fever and her mother took her back to the doctor and she was givin a Z-Pack and sent home. Saturday she was admitted to TC Thompson's emergency and later diagnosed as having Stevens Johnson Syndrome. This syndrome is caused by a severe allergic reaction to medication and in this case it was to the anti-seizure medication she was given from complications of the swine flu. I'm begging all of you to please pray for this family, they said it could be 2 weeks or up to even 2 months before she is well. Monday was her 10th birthday and she is a very sick little girl and I cannot imagine what Jayda must be going through right now, but I do know that God has a plan for everything. I was able to go and see her yesterday and take her a goody bag full of Hannah Montana treats for when she is feeling better, and my heart just melted when I seen her.
****************UPDATE***********************
Hanna is still struggling with the complications of having fluid on her heart and lungs but she has improved greatly and I want to thank all of you who have been praying! They may let her come home this week if she continues doing so well!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment